Okay, so we've got:

Irrefutable arguments for using wicket in big slow companies:

    * Very small learning curve.
      Comment: Agreed. But I still think you need at least one more
      experienced Wicket developers for more advanced things like
      manipulating html generated by other components. Of course, books
      like 'Pro Wicket' help a lot but are not for every programmer.
    * Natural programming paradigm familiar to Java developers
      Comment: Changed that to _Java_ developers.
    * Excellent feedback messages of the framework when something goes
      wrong.
    * Robustness, no weird or unexpected behavior.

    * Limited knowledge required of web technologies (HTML, javascript)
      and still do advanced stuff in a fraction of the time it takes you
      with other frameworks (just consider e.g. something as tabs and
      paging).
      Comment: I am not sure so sure about this one. Do you mean that
      you only need limited knowledge of HTML and Javascript? And what
      do you mean by 'advanced stuff'?

May I add:

    * Excellent clustering support.
      Rationale: even though you can discuss about this to death (as on
      the thread on JavaLobby), I think we agree that Wicket currently
      has sufficient knobs to make this is a problem solved.
    * Excellent mailing list support.

I also thought about: * Good support for modern web pages (AJAX), while
being compatible with older browsers. But this one is I am afraid not
good enough. For example FireFox 1.0 is not supported.

Anyone else?

Thanks Erik,
     Erik.

--