Answering Nathan Awrich:

My blog reply:   http://bit.ly/HwaYsr

No-one on this list has shown that they understand the concept of the
possibility of Wikipedia actually doing anything wrong, nor of the concept
of responding to outside comments in any way other than spin.  If  someone
pointed out an obvious bad rust attack on your car, you'd never consider
any response other than painting over it.

And again, EVEN WHEN I'VE POINTED OUT THE PROBLEM, you STILL don't see
it.  ...Even
though it would be obvious beforehand to any civilised person that no
worthwhile organisation could treat criticisms from outside as always
irrelevant.

Didn't someone hail "democracy" as an asset of Wikipedia?  That would be
democracy of those INSIDE it then; outsiders don't count  and aren't worth
listening to - ever... whoever they are.

Awrich: attempting to grab the world's knowledge, then endorsing the
complete removal of obviously correct contributions made by a genuine and
qualified scientific researcher because of one or two Wiki-fiddlers
qualified with nothing but pretty stars, is a stupidly destructive act.  When
Putin does something that bad he looks cynically around to show people how
little he cares... but you don't seem even to notice you've done it.

And when a genuine misdemeanour is pointed out, IT'S THE CULPRIT WHO IS IN
THE WRONG NOT THE WHISTLEBLOWER.  Keep making that mistake with me and
you'll end up even more sore.

Wikipedia is using the clumsy culture, morals and intellect of a
kindergarten gang to degrade the world's knowledge and shackle its
growth.  Watching
this is like watching the Nazis march into Paris, or the barbarians burning
the library at Alexandria.  We've learned that the response to such actions
is not regret but attack.  If you ever learn anything, you're going to
learn to respect integrity and intellectuality.