On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Tyler Romeo <tylerro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Mozilla made an announcement yesterday about a new framework called Minion:
>
> http://blog.mozilla.org/security/2013/07/30/introducing-minion/
> https://github.com/mozilla/minion
>
> It's an automated security testing framework for use in testing web
> applications. I'm currently looking into how to use it. Would there be any
> interest in setting up such a framework for automated security testing of
> MediaWiki?

I'm definitely interested in seeing if we can leverage something like
this. I'm not sure where it would fit alongside our current automated
testing, but I think it would be valuable to at least take a closer
look. And it's nice to see they're supporting ZAP and skipfish,
although unless they allow for more detailed configurations, both take
ages to completely scan a MediaWiki install.

If you get it running, please share your experience.