OK, so after a bit of trouble I managed to get it working on my Vagrant
instance.

Here's a brief summary of what I learned:
* It uses a MongoDB backend with Python and Flask as a front-end
* There are plugins that implement certain tests (e.g., nmap, skipfish)
* Plans are combinations of plugins, basically a test plan
* Sites are added into groups, and are then assigned plans
* Finally, you run plans on the frontend and they're run by a celery job
queue

From the looks of it, I don't think this would be particularly useful for
individual developers, because many of the tests require a full TLS setup
and whatnot.

What might be useful is to have a security instance running MediaWiki with
a similar setup to the actual en-wiki, and then have Minion running on an
instance and have it run the tests that way. Unfortunately, I don't know
how we would manage users (since it doesn't have LDAP integration) or when
we would run these tests (I'd imagine there wouldn't be a need to run them
on every change).

Thoughts?

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*