Max,

Thank you. These ideals of which you speak are similar to those of
argumentation. In the ideals of argumentation, reason should prevail. In this
way, it doesn’t matter who makes an utterance, what matters is the utterance,
its veracity, logical soundness, and so forth. The ideals of collaboration in
argumentation are for reason to prevail, for the quality of the discussion, in
software engineering, for the quality of the software, and in Wikipedia, for
the quality of the encyclopedia article.

I will collect together all of the points raised over the weekend and respond
to them early next week in a lengthy letter. Also, I think that after some
discussion, we should have material for a Wikipedia article, Account
Verification on Wikipedia which I would link to from a new section of Account
Verification.

I think that we can untangle MediaWiki and Wikipedia. If it becomes possible
for MediaWiki projects to utilize OpenID Connect to link accounts, as I am
describing, then we would be able to say that every MediaWiki software user
including Wikipedia could choose to activate and configure such MediaWiki
features and the matter would be one of discussing whether the Wikipedia
project should use the MediaWiki software features. I think that there are two
points, whether MediaWiki could/should provide account verification features
for its users and whether Wikipedia should make use of such features.

Best regards,

Adam