Adam,
this is not technical but community problem. That should be first discussed with the communities - all of them - not only en.wiki whether there is any need for that solution. Which I doubt.

I do not see many positives coming from using it but a lot of negatives. Enforcing that would mean having much less contributors.

Also as already stated it would force us into getting more information about contributors which is not what the communities want. Especially in the moment of upcoming GDPR regulation that affects whole commmunity.

masti