On 12/23/2013 4:43 PM, Danny Eaton wrote:

> There seems to be a growing demand, and with the holiday season upon
> us, I'm expecting more than a few requests when we all come back.  Is
> anyone allowing residential students to register game consoles on a
> wireless SSID?  If so, how?  WPA2-PSK?  MAC address registration?

We "tolerate" it, but we strongly encourage wired connections for game
consoles, TVs, BluRays, etc.

We have game console registration support based on MAC address OID
verification.  The others we are at this point manually registering
(they enter a helpdesk ticket).

If you have a spectrum analyzer sort of device that will give you a
"timeslice breakdown" of a given radio channel, you'll quickly be
alarmed by the utilization of these silly devices :(

Jeff