On 12/24/2013 2:14 PM, Brian Helman wrote:
> There was a discussion about this a couple years ago.  the gist of the
> discussion was to create a gaming network where you blocked things
> like social-media, email and access to your student systems.  The
> theory was to block these to discourage every-day use by other mobile
> devices.
>
> There's probably a nice NAC solution to this.

We are "half-way" there.  We have the front-end NAC registration, and
classify all game consoles with a common role, but have not yet done the
specific vlan assignment of that role.  Our default network arrangement
places them in a common vlan per residential complex, but the intent was
to have the "gaming" vlan common across all of Resnet.  Not quite there
but the pieces are in place.

We have done similar registration/classification of BYOD things, and we
DO have them isolated from PCs/Macs/etc computers.  But we are not
actively treating them any differently at this time.

Jeff