On Mon, 2024-04-08 at 02:25 -0700, Duy wrote:
> I'm currently trying to make my software layer Yocto compatible.
> Running yocto-check-layer script is a convenient way.
> But in practice, I found that for software layer, it is difficult to
> make it pass test_signatures case. It requires to put the condition
> check to every variable or function appending in bbappend file. With
> a deep customizing software layer, it reduces code readability.
> Can anyone share your experience in making a software layer Yocto
> compatible while keeping it easy to read?

The question to ask is probably why are you needing to bbappend and
change the behaviour of so many recipes?

Software layers adding software wouldn't need to do that, so it sounds
like you're changing configuration. If you're doing that, it is a
distro configuration change and that isn't a software layer and the
config changes should be conditional on the distro.

Can you share some example bbappends you're needing?

Cheers,

Richard