On 08/04/2024 13:36, Duy wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for your response.
> Here is one of the recipe bbappend files I'm working on:
> meta-agl-ic-container/recipes-extended/dlt-daemon/dlt-daemon_%.bbappend ·
> master · Automotive Grade Linux / AGL / meta-agl-devel · GitLab
> <https://gitlab.com/automotivegradelinux/AGL/meta-agl-devel/-/blob/master/meta-agl-ic-container/recipes-extended/dlt-daemon/dlt-daemon_%25.bbappend?ref_type=heads>
> meta-agl-ic-container/recipes-extended/dlt-daemon/dlt-daemon_%.bbappend ·
> master · Automotive Grade Linux / AGL / meta-agl-devel · GitLab
> <https://gitlab.com/automotivegradelinux/AGL/meta-agl-devel/-/blob/master/meta-agl-ic-container/recipes-extended/dlt-daemon/dlt-daemon_%25.bbappend?ref_type=heads>
>
> I think some configurations are better to be upstreaming, e.g: Adding new
> PACKAGES, adding new PACKAGECONFIG. It avoids adding too much to bbappend. If
> you have any idea, please share it.

When in doubt, steal from meta-virtualization.

In
https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-virtualization/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-%25.bbappend,
there is a conditional include based on DISTRO_FEATURES. You can do the
same based on DISTRO.

Then you have a .inc file which is only included when the appropriate
configuration is enabled, like
https://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-virtualization/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_virtualization.inc.
The statements in this file don't each need to check DISTRO, etc.

There is more useful information in my Creating Friendly Layers
presentation:
  *
https://pub.pbarker.dev/presentations/2022-12-01%20Yocto%20Project%20Summit%202022.11%20-%20Creating%20Friendly%20Layers%202022%20Edition/Friendly%20Layers%202022.pdf
  * https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iGuKViITjg