On Mon, 2024-04-08 at 05:36 -0700, Duy wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for your response.
> Here is one of the recipe bbappend files I'm working on:
> meta-agl-ic-container/recipes-extended/dlt-daemon/dlt-
> daemon_%.bbappend · master · Automotive Grade Linux / AGL / meta-agl-
> devel · GitLab
> meta-agl-ic-container/recipes-extended/dlt-daemon/dlt-
> daemon_%.bbappend · master · Automotive Grade Linux / AGL / meta-agl-
> devel · GitLab
>
> I think some configurations are better to be upstreaming, e.g: Adding
> new PACKAGES, adding new PACKAGECONFIG. It avoids adding too much to
> bbappend. If you have any idea, please share it.

Where possible please do share changes with upstream recipes,
particularly for things like PACKAGECONFIG entries. There is no good
reason to have them separate in most cases.

Other parts of this look to be adding configuration files. Are these
generally useful? That might help to know if they should be upstream.
If not, should they be in a separate recipe?

This isn't just a software layer, it has quite a bit of
configuration/distro policy in there so the layer checks are right to
flag it as problematic in my view.

Cheers,

Richard