On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 12:27 -0800, you wrote:

> we could just point at our CI? That'd be Dockerfiles for anything
> Linux and prepare.sh for FreeBSD and macOS. The benefit would be
> that we'd maintain this in one place only. We could invest a bit of
> time in documenting the Dockerfiles/prepare.sh scripts so they
> explain these?

Yeah, agree, that sounds better than maintaining the information
separately.

> :) -- yes, I mislabeled that one. I actually meant to say
> "Maintenance Updates". Fixed in the wiki page.

Perfect. :).

> I'm definitely not the expert here but it all looks like Catalina
> with varying additions:

Yeah, I saw that, but not sure if that means they are actively
removing older images. I'll see if I can find out.

> Btw I didn't include anything about architectures ... for Debian 9
> we currently have a 32-bit container, for some other platforms those
> are still available too. Do we still care about 32-bit?

Limiting to 64-bit seems fine to me for our current CI platforms. I'm wondering
about
supporting ARM (32- & 64-bit for Linux, 64bit for future macOS), but looks
like CI doesn't support that yet either way:
https://github.com/cirruslabs/cirrus-ci-docs/issues/218

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * Corelight, Inc. * ro...@corelight.com * www.corelight.com