Andrew John Hughes wrote:
There's http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2009-June/001242.html
but I avoided posting this in the original mail because it seems to
have changed again between that commit and the final release,
presumably due to compatibility issues (XShm.h is back and it's now
shmproto.h as seen in the patch).  I've built the repo with this patch
here with the old version, and others have built it with the new
version; it does work for both.  The same patch is already in Gentoo's
ebuild and IcedTea, and a similar patch has been used for the Fedora
rawhide RPMs for some time.  It would be good to get it upstream as
well.

At first I was going to ask how the existing #include succeeds when the link says that Xshm.h is going away, but now I see that you said they brought it back. What is it now? Just an empty include to prevent #include failures? (I don't see how that works since the build will break anyway as soon as a missing constant is referenced...?)

(It seems odd that they bring it back to [not really] avoid build breakages, but then don't just have it include the new split files to finish the "backwards compatibility" story...?)

                        ...jim