Il giorno mar, 18/05/2010 alle 15.06 -0700, Jim Graham ha scritto:
> The thing that bothers me about this "fix" is that the value being
> returned here is the raw computed value.  All of the values in this
> routine are being returned in floating point "sub-pixel" maximum
> accuracy.  I don't see why *this* code needs to round this value.  If
> something that uses the data returned from this method needs an integer
> then it should be up to that code to do whatever rounding is
> appropriate, but rounding at the most primitive level to fix a bug at a
> higher level is premature (IMHO)...
>
>                       ...jim

Hi Jim,

I agree with that, but rounding up in the Java code (where this float
gets converted to integer) was rejected in the first place.

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: