On 11/14/14 5:36 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:

----- james.gra...@oracle.com wrote:

One thing to consider, though, is that this code is only used in some
rare cases - either that we don't have a direct native loop for the TH
native code to use directly, or that it is a custom composite.

or bicubic interpolation is used(in some cases bilinear), or drawImageBG
operation.

By "this code" I mean the new code that constructs a clip region from an edges array. That only happens if the tests at 478 and 491 fail and those have nothing to do with bicubic or BG operations.

BG operations get folded into INT_RGB earlier in the method so we are actually more likely to end early at line 499 and not need the edges array. bicubic has absolutely no bearing on whether we make it past line 499 either.

BG or bicubic may force us to not use a hw loop on a hw surface, but they have no bearing on whether we make it down to the edges array code...

                        ...jim