HI, Andrew.
The fix looks fine, but in my opinion we can add this ifdef to jdk8 fix to skip possible regression, but in jdk9 it is better to avoid this ifdef for two reasons: - This will increase a coverage of a new code not only on osx but also on other platforms and drivers.
 - It should be safe because, OGL is used by default only on osx.

I am fine with any decision, it is up to you and Phil.