From: Phil Race
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 1:12 AM
To: 2d-dev
Subject: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8204391: Colors with alpha are painted
incorrectly on Linux

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8204931/

There is a long evaluation in the bug report, so what I write here is just a
summary.

This is a regression introduced by
and specific to the Xrender pipeline

The bug is that when using colors with alpha, the alpha is being ignored and
the colour copied rather than blended, since we no longer pass the
"pre-multiplied"
flag as false.

The fix is to pre-multiply the colour when storing as a pixel even for an
opaque xrender surface.

With this fix automated jtreg tests, and tck tests pass, as well as the manual
TCK test that was failing.

Additionally the supplied regression test passes on all platforms.

-phil