Fix looks good to me.

A nit in the test

61 SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(() -> createAndShowGUI());
Since awt Frame is being created and not JFrame, there is no need of using EDT.

Regards
Prasanta
On 7/27/2018 1:12 AM, Phil Race wrote:
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8204931/

There is a long evaluation in the bug report, so what I write here is just a summary.

This is a regression introduced by https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8176795
and specific to the Xrender pipeline

The bug is that when using colors with alpha, the alpha is being ignored and the colour copied rather than blended, since we no longer pass the "pre-multiplied" flag as false.

The fix is to pre-multiply the colour when storing as a pixel even for an opaque xrender surface.

With this fix automated jtreg tests, and tck tests pass, as well as the manual TCK test that was failing.

Additionally the supplied regression test passes on all platforms.

-phil