Ah ha Thor!

This is most interesting (to me anyway).  Insofar as I was asking about
something that searched for the titles of tracks on albums
etc. - which is what I need right now to help me ID a track (I think) was
called "Congo Square" - not the actual musical (or not)
content.
But, just like you it seems, even as I was typing it, I started thinking about
what you're talking about.  And specifically does
such a thing already exist?  In that we have this phone service here in the UK
where you can ring a number, play the music to the
phone and it texts you the artist and track title back.  Or it mostly does
anyway, sometime you catch it out but I know people who
stayed up late one night playing obscure AE tracks etc. to it and it got them
all, sometimes I've tried it from a gig and it hasn't
worked (you don't have to pay if it doesn't do the ID) but that may well be due
to the distortion / background noise.  So I was
wondering if that was an automated search with a set up that I bet took some
tweaking or do this outfit just have a bunch of captive
muso nerds that ID the tracks?