greetings,

I am going to have to second what BVL has to say. I do not particlularly
care for the a-side, it is a bit housey, good, but nothing really
amazing. However, the B-side is off the hook. I am going to have to put
my foot down and say that that "Rest in Peace My Brother" is my favorite
cut off this record. It is a non-four on the floor track, that reminds
me in a way of a primitive Psyche/BFC era Carl Craig with rhymic
elements that remind me of the Mood EP by MonoJunk. This is very much a
"current" track.

I remember Mike telling me about a friend of his being shot in the
studio during a robbery, perhaps this is some reference to that
incident.

The A2, Sunlight, is an increbible track as well. It is not quite as
moody as "Rest" but it is a floor track. Its a smooth 808 kick, with a
simple bassline, with percussion elements that are very reminescent of
the Mood EP on Plug Research. The strings on this track make it, along
with these abstract lead lines that work very well. It is a deep soulful
techno track, this is what people _should_ think of when you say techno.

Bill is right, this record is fantastic, I highly reccomend it. I just
wish that the Moods and Grooves records were more in this vein rather
than on the Detroit House tip. Either way, this is a label worth looking
into, and I reccomend their records highly.

Take care,
Mike Taylor