About the Pioneer DJM500,

Last year for my Clavius Bass party, I was discussing mixers with the headliners and they almost unilaterally requested the DJM500. Wanting to please them, but knowing Burst was using Rane mixers at the time, I discussed the issue with Mike Fotias. He explained to me that although the DJM500 is excellent on SMALL systems, there are fan-out issues that make it a poor choice on larger systems (I had booked him to do a 24X12 EAW rig with three tables).

Further, Burst had become unhappy with the Rane mixers as well, and switched to the current industry standard, the Vestax PMC50. Needless to say, we went that route - and I was very pleased with the result.

For the following two events, I stayed with the Vestax...

but the issue came back. At Come Together on December 4, DJ Sneak told me he wanted the DJM500 only. This time it was Midnite Blue doing 24 bins of TurboSound (OMG I LOVE TurboSound!). I did what he wanted, and night went without a hitch. Now I'm about to buy my own DJM500. Can anyone tell me a technical reason why I should not purchase this unit?

Shane
PLURkids Productions

----------Friday, February 4-----------
PLURkids Club Night - a word of mouth / email only event
- Steven Sacks (Super Duper House Collective, SF& ATL)
- Adam Caruso  (PLURkids, Detroit)
- Jonathan Voight (State:Awake, Ann Arbor)

Info 734.913.9672