if you are using the DJM500 for home than get it. the effects are really
limited, though.  it does have a send/return that you can assign to each
channel anyway.  being an owner of a PMC50 i feel theat the 50 will hold in
the long run better than the pioneer.  i have had my 50 for over a year now
and it has had no problems.  Before Fotias used to have his own 50's he
rented mine from me.  so, it has been out to quite a few parties and it was
at the Blind Pig almost every week.  i have heard of some Pioneers breaking
down after a while. i don't know i don't own one. the 50 is built like a
tank, though. again my opinion is a little biased.  i will say that i have
sold a bunch of Pioneers and most of the people seem to be happy with them.
i have heard of them losing a channel.  i hope this has helped you out a
little bit.  then again , it might not of.

-craig g-