Cyclone Wehner wrote:

> >The 'tribal' track, real nice percussion, jazz loop style. Anyone know the
> >track?
>
> You mean the Femi Kuti one? He had a couple of copies of it and he gave one
> to the promoter, so I may ask him sometime as I want this too. There was a
> Kerry Chandler remix on there, that I do remember.

That's probably the 'Truth Don Die' remix by Kerri Chandler then. Top
track. Came out as a doublepack (including two MAW mixes) on Talkin Loud
around April/May last year.

> Femi Kuti's name keeps
> on coming up. A compilation came out on Talkin' Loud recently. I'm gonna
> check it out.

Check out his music, but check out his live shows even more. I saw him
do a show at CMJ in New York last summer and it blew me away, so
incredibly energetic and *fun*!

And of course his dad's music is required for anyone even remotely into
anything tribal. Apparently Talkin Loud were going to reissue a lot of
Fela's work, but I don't know what happened to that, as I've never seen
any of those reissues around.

Otto