> week's it's kano. gawdamn,
> all 80/81 and still rockin' 20 years
> later.

Next up: Gino Soccio? :)

> kano fans:
> i've got it's a war/ahjia 12"
> i'm ready/holly dolly 12" (possibly
> the inspiration for "charevari")

Weird coincidence: I was just mixing those two together last night! It
fits almost too well to be random: "shari-holly-vari-dolly" (Note to
UKD-313-ers: guess what I'll be dropping at Triology tonight... *grin*)

I have a slightly different EP than the ones you mention though: mine
has "I'm ready" and "Holly Dolly" on one side, "It's a war" on the
other. No "Ahjia". The other Kano thing I have is a (self-titled) Kano
album from 1980 on Emergency Records. Tracklisting:

A-side:
"It's a war"
"Now baby now"
"Cosmic voyager

B-side:
"Ahjia"
"Super extra sexy sign"
"I'm ready"

Waiting for Matt MacQueen to jump in on this thread :)

Otto