>I saw it and whoever didn't like it is *full* of "shit" (neatly avoiding
>trademark hassles by not using the 'the' prefix).

Yeah, but you're a man, Alan. ;)  LOL. Of course you're gonna like it!
That's why I didn't - very macho.

Since I raised this topic, here's my personal mini review for Sean and
others:

If you think Aaliyah is 'a bit of all right' (trans: 'gorgeous'), as they
say of beautiful
'sheilas' (women) in Australia, go see it. She is the only leading cast
member who can act,
too, and delivers all the clever lines.

But, me, I didn't like all the violence - Black on Black violence, Asian on
Asian violence, girl on girl violence, etc, etc - nastiness all round.
There's not even a decent love scene. DMX plays a nightclub owner who gets
shot.

In the film Aaliyah works in a groovy boutique and there is a DJ there
playing stuff like..... Groove Armada and The Crystal Method (well, that's
what the credits said). She even goes to a big record store and buys some
vinyl for him.

This is not one to take a lady friend to. Put it this way, I wouldn't have
chosen
to see it but I want an Aaliyah interview. Wait 'til it's on video,
methinks.

The soundtrack, produced by Timbaland, is cool, however.

Cheers

Cyclone