"Lance @ Inaudible" wrote:

> At 02:02 PM 5/5/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Speaking of Thomas, there is a 12 CD compilation released in Japan, I
> >might be mistaking here, in which Thomas brinkmann released a track
> >dedicated to "Ester Brinkmann" which from what I've been told was his
> >sister that died when he was very young, the CD is not fully used sense,
> >the outer casing is transparrent, and very experimental in design...the
> >track blew my mind the first time I've heard it, it is filled with
> >texture, and captures just how Thomas was feeling or might have gone
> >through back then...
>
> Are you sure you arent referring to the Ester Brinkmann
> edition in the Rastermusic 20' to 2000 series of releases?
> If so, then the release you describe is on a German label.
> Your description above sounds very muck like the 20
> to 2000 series in which featured one 20 minute ep (on
> a 3" cd in a 5" case) a month for 12 months all done by
> different artist including Ester Brinkmann, Wolfgang
> Voigt, Senking, Scanner, Ryoji Ikeda, CoH, Beytone,
> Ilpo Vaisanen, Mika Vainio, Elph, Komet, and Noto.
> For the most part the series features experiment glitchy
> ambience, electronica, and microsound but there are some
> more techno oriented eps - the Brinkmann and Voigt
> contributions in particular.
>
> For more info on this series click the 20' to 2000 link on
> the official Raster-Noton website: http://www.raster-noton.de/
>
> -->-Lance---
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> p.o. box 450715
> westlake, ohio 44145
> united states

Yes that's it =), I definatly suggest this compilation for anyone
interested in some bare bone experimental. Along with the "Ester
Brinkmann" track, look for Modulation of 75hrz Sinewaves which should
also be in the compilation...

thanks for the info...

--
.you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Emanuel