-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Birchmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org <313@hyperreal.org>
Date: Thursday, 11 May 2000 14:26
Subject: [313] old tresor albums by detroit artists

>Recently I found Blake Baxter's "Dream Sequence" CD for $6 at Record Time
in
>Ferndale.  As the second release in the Tresor catalog, it's a pretty
>nostalgic listen.  I was far too young in '92 to be rocking out to that
>stuff, but the music sounds pretty dated now.  I'm wondering how fresh this
>release was back in the day...

while some of it might be dated i still like"dark basse"
the Fowlkes /3mb rekid was good imo(esp 2d3k,(b3 on dtrt side)
probably my fav Fowlkes thing(w "time to expres"&"liquid disaster"
coming 2nd&3rd)

>P.S. It was kind of cool to hear Baxter's song "The Warning."  When I first
>heard it, I thought "wow, he's sampling Grooverider's track as Codename
John
>also called "The Warning."  Then thought logically and realized it was the
>other way around.

 i think they both sampled this from: Logics - The Warning on strictly
Rhythm,A classic!

>Cool to think that Grooverider was rocking out to early Detroit techno

 actualy the first rekid of his that i have from 1990(fabio&grooverider)
is a break/bleep remake of 808 state's - cubik,more lfo then detroit!

e,r