Will Adams wrote:

I need to get my hands on a decent 909 drum box (with deep & hard kick
sounds)and I'm looking at the Quasimidi Sirius/309. Are these any good or
should I go for a Novation DrumStation / Korg ER-1?

If you got money falling from your ass, you should try Jomox's Xbase09. It's real analogue, apparently closest thing to the original 909. That, and Novation of course, which isn't "real" analogue. Xbase is pricey, lacks a few features but has a sequencer that some is say even better than 909's(?!!) It has a shuffle for those funky things. Me myself I'm a little sceptical about "modelling" at the moment, but in drummachines it may not be that critical... Put a tube-compressor / EQ between Novation and your mixer and no-one knows the difference.

Korg ER-1 is a little more in a sense that it can do many imitations, not jus' 909, but 808's and shit. A drum SYNTH.

Proffit