In a message dated 5/24/00 1:24:03 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<AO, what have you got to say about old industrial stuff from way back
when?

I used to love industrial. Every summer in the mid-80's during the big
Chicago Comicon (this was when I was a comic artist), we'd drive out to the
old Wax Trax record shop in Chicago to get the new industrial wax. I was into
Ministry, Front 242, Revolting Cocks, all of the Jourgensen/Barker side
projects (Lead Into Gold, 1000 Homo DJs, etc.) My radio station got sent all
the Wax Trax stuff too, so I kept up with all of it. Nettwerk was big with me
too, with Skinny Puppy, Severed Heads and Moev (their first album). I
interviewed Severed Heads. Nerds ! I used to play Single Gun Theory every
week on my show, that was a fave. Those Stephen R. Gilmore album covers !

Every so often, I'd find the original European/Australian label copies of
most of this stuff in different record shops. It was exciting because the
track listings and art differed from territory to territory. For instance,
the Red Rhino version of Front 242's "Official Version" was different from
the Wax Trax pressing, which was different from the final Sony repress. Now
with the EU and FedEx/DHL/UPS, and the advent of CDs all records are the
same, everywhere. And with the Net, you can find anything.

Aside: Does anyone have a copy of Baby Ford "Ford Trax" 2x12" on Rhythm King
they wanna sell me ?

I was a big fan of Factory, too, they were known for that. There are like a
zillion different versions of "Unknown Pleasures" by Joy Division. I still
have Section 25 "Looking From a Hilltop" (UK pressing), woefully
out-of-print. A Certain Ratio's back catalogue was repressed a few years back
by the late Creation label though.

Front 242 was the direct influence for Underground Resistance. I was the
opening DJ when they came to St. Andrews on their "Front by Front" tour, and
Mills was there. They were straight-up terroriSoon after, "Riot" EP.

Anybody remember Code Industry, the Black industrialists from Detroit who
were on Antler-Subway back in '90 ? Well, before that, they were Code
Assault, and they were on my label, Technika. That's how they got that deal.
It was the first time I got fucked over in the music business, but not the
last. Jeff did a b-side industrial remix on them for me that was the shit in
its day. I haven't listened to it in ages.

Blah Blah Blah.

Alan