I think you'd have to include what I affectionately
call the "beepy euro-fag" genre. A lot of the gay club
scene moved towards house, trance and techno in the
90s (before I get flamed I know there were many gay
clubs representing deeper sounds), and there seems to
be some crossover in attendance between straight and
gay dance clubs, but it would seem to me that many
people, straight or gay, started out listening to the
New Order, DM, Erasure, Anything Box, etc sound on the
radio or 120 minutes, then moved into trance, or house
from there via remixes and clubbing (francois K and
Marc Kinchen anyone???), sometimes leading to a
discovery of techno.

Tristan

--- detroit science <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>