You have to remember what state he is talking about.  In Florida if its not
breaks, prog house, ragga jungle, or prog trance no one will  listen to you.
There used to be a few 'underground' stations on am but those have since gone
off the radio.  Electronic music down there is ususally drug and rave
related.  Theres not even things  like deep house or funky disco house for
that matter.  I go and visit central fl where I used to live many times a
year and I always basicly have to force people to listen to the 313
techno/electro I bring for them.  They have caught onto ghetto tech but now a
few have been asking me for tapes and cds which is a start.  It will be very
hard to bring actual techno into the central fl area.  Techno to people down
there is breaks or any other type of electronic music.  Most have no
knowledge to  an actual genre of techno.  They have just started catching on
to 'plasticman' as they spell it.
  My best advice is to give some tapes out to the club promoters and tell
them to listen to it and keep listening to it over and over untill they like
it.  Once you have them liking your stuff then you will get others to.  Much
luck to whoever in Fl now is trying hard to bring any  other type of music
into Fl because it will be a fairly difficult task.

-stacey