Why don't one of you invent a vinyl flattener. I used to heat them up >and lay the vinyl between to rigid flat surfaces and let the cool down for a >while. Not
good for soud quality but it better than not playing those tacos a >tall.

Miles

I know a few people who swear by ironing warped vinyl under a towel, poly-choloro-ethane is thermo-softening and will pop back into shape without any real distortion, and the chlorine in the polymer stops any serious oxidation taking place which could ruin the sound. The theory goes that when heated lightly the PVC returns to the shape it was pressed into, in the same way that yoghurt pots go flat again if you stick them in the oven. On the other hand, I'll be fucked if anyone's going near my records with a hot iron.

Make sure you turn the steam button off first...

Seth

The Electric Press