On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, pooper scooper wrote:

> Recycle for waves and cubase for midi...

        Recycle is something completely different.  It doesn't do sequencing
at all.  It's a tool to automatically chop loops and sound peaks, and either
save them as individual wav files or drop them to a sampler as a bank.

> Or Vegas and Acid...

        Neither does MIDI AFAIK.  Vegas is a much more featurely wav sequencer
than Acid and is really fun to use, but doesn't have the auto-beatmatching
features that Acid has.  The two make a good combo: match tempos in Acid if you
need to, export the individual channels as .wavs, and then sequence them up in
Vegas.

        Some house producer friends of mine use Vegas as their main sequencer.
They write a bunch of MIDI loops in Opcode Vision (no huge reason to use this
sequencer, but they're used to it and it works for what they do).  They record
the loops to the computer then do the arrangement in Vegas.  Then they jam over
the whole thing with live vocals, flutes, Rhodes, Moog, etc, recording it in
Vegas.  Then they can edit and sequence the live stuff in too.  Pro-tools for
poor people, basically.

        OB-313: If you're got a nice sound card, I would think Vegas would be a
pretty fun thing to use to make 313-style music.  It eliminates the problem of
having to sync up a bunch of old analog gear, and it's fun to jam with to make
your tunes sound spontaneous.  To me, using Logic feels a bit anal - which is
fine for some kinds of music, but not really what I like about Detroit.