[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> why don't you download beos for free?
>  http://free.beos.com
>  then get soundplay which plays a dozen mps at the
>  same time if you want, plays them backwards if you want,
>  speed +-400%. demo is fully functional with a nag
>  until you register it (~$10). works with just one sound card.
>  http://www.bebits.com/app/156
>
>  it even streams audio, so all you realplayer fans
>  can join the mp3 revolution and get some quality
>  audio for a change. :)

Sounds interesting, maybe I'll have a look.  Truth be told though, while it
might be cool and all, I would still feel a bit blasphemous doing it all on a
computer.  I mean, no decks?  Its just not right, know what I mean?  However,
the streaming of mp3 is certainly interesting.  Problem is, streaming or no,
an entire DJ set, and I'm talking about real ones here by the way, not MP3
tracks mixed on a computer, is still way to big in terms of file size when
you use MP3.  With Real audio, I reckon what you lose in quality you gain in
the fact that the file size is actually reasonable.  I suppose what I really
need is a cable connection or something, and then it would be irrelevant...

Aaron