From: "detroit science" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] oliver chesler/"summer's lust" party
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:49:26 EDT

I know he (Oliver Chesler) did a great job clearing the dancefloor (in fact the whole venue) when he played in Detroit at the "by the bridge" space two
years ago.

little known fact:  his supposed "live" gig was in fact a track act to a
dat.  the keyboard was just a prop.  oliver was just using a microphone.
the promoter was told it was going to be a live pa and found out the truth
at the airport.  after his set i dragged him outside and made him drink
jaeger with me and asked for an explanation. he said that it was "too hard"
to do a live pa.  wtf?

now, remember the set that mike clark played after oliver's little charade?
old skool hip hop dj skills matched with banging techno and house...

take care,
linda g

Just goes to show you: sweeping generalizations about genres are never legit.
"Oh all hardcore producers are ultra-talented" you say?
Too bad Mr. Chesler foud performing a live p.a. "too hard." I wonder how Richie Hawtin would respond to the question "Are live p.a.s too difficult to pull off?" Or how do you think Mr. Mills answer that question?