Recloose was doing some scratch accompaniment to Carl's controls. Franscisco
Mora was the drummer providing beats as well. I don't think Carl was directly
controlling Recloose's gear. Maybe he controlled which speaker it was
distributed? Not sure.

Anyone remember the other group that performed? I still can't remember. Didn't
they have video with their performance? It's driving me crazy trying to
remember their names. On the tip of my tongue I swear!!

>>> "detroit science" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - 06/22/00 03:39 PM >>>
was there also... unfortunately, i sat on the right side of the auditorium,
right next to one of the surround speakers.  the best place to be was
directly in the middle, as carl was controlling the feeds sent to each
speaker and to get the full impact of the effect you needed to be in the
middle.

i forget who/what exactly was the inspiration, but if i remember correctly
it had to do with an installation that had been done over in europe
somewhere.  the installation featured different feeds going to speakers
placed within a venue, so that the listener created his own mix by moving
around the area.

i believe carl was controlling the feeds from recloose and his own gear -
not sure about the drummer.

anyone remember more details?

take care,
linda g