From my parents just simply being around me they've learned alot about the
music. My dad is in his 50's and completely knows who Kenny Larkin and Richie Hawtin are. My mom likes Theorem (dales's) stuff too. I had Terrence Parker's 'Ten',CD one, playing in my car the other day and my dad said 'can we listen to that on our next road trip?!' They like the housier stuff better, and like some of the minimal and downtempo stuff as well.

Though I must say, however, my mom has a small heart attack every time I come home with a big brown bag or records-but she thinks of it as just the thing "i collect" :)

i love my parents:)
diana

From: "Ben" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: [313] Older people's views on detriot?
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 21:44:33 +0200

Hi everyone hope you are keeping well!  I was just remembering a friends
Granddad (God bless his soul) saying how the music blew his mind sometimes,
but asked if it could be played lower! :-) (The guy was in his 70's).  Do
any of you have similar stories of older generations views on Detroit?  I'd
be interested to hear.  Peace 2 all.

Ben.