From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [313] Carl Craig & Friends in NYC 7.13.00
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:18:51 EDT

For you New Yorkers out there, I thought you might want to check this...

Carl Craig & Friends
(featuring members of Innerzone Orchestra)
plus opening act
@ The Knitting Factory
Doors at 9pm
Tickets are $15.00

The Carl Craig & Friends performance takes the far reaches of what Innerzone Orchestra is and leaps further out into the open expanse of live electronics, organic instrumentation and improvisation, without a net. Accompanied by the
talents of ex-Sun Ra and current Innerzone drummer/percussionist Francisco
Mora, plus an assemblage of other like-minded musicians and DJ's, expect a
melange of electronic soundscapes, percussion, free jazz, spoken word,
turntablism, dance beats of many origins and permutations, and most of all,
the unexpected. As has always been the case during his musical career, Carl Craig & Friends looks to challenge his audience's preconceptions even further.

I hope Carl shows up this time. The Knitting Factory hosted the same thing last winter and Carl couldn't make it(snowed in). It ended up being Jonah Sharp, Mora, Taborn and another musician who's name I forget. Ok in parts, but mostly an aimless mess. Anyone going on the 13th?