Allthough my feelings about the Mills 2pack are the same, that is that its very
pleasent and accesible it does seem a bit old-fashioned . Classic techno like
May etc used to produce so are we full circle? even hood seems to flirt with
"real" music more and more so is innovation at this point in time not an issue
and do we just want quality products? or is innovation to be found in the
symbiosis of old and new? I felt that in minimalism techno hasd found a unique
quality and even subject matter interesting enuff to explore on its own. I still
think thereĀ“s a lot of unexplored terrain in that area which might define techno
and shape it into the effective language it can be. One of the most direct and
focussed styles ever. I like the way techno is goin, that is i truly enjoy
craftmanship but i prefer to be challenged just a litle bit more. In other
words, Mills is playin safe and that is a shame, the man has been pushin techno
towards extremes which in my opinion is his biggest quality. Same goes for hood
by the way. So a definate 9+ for both but a litle note on the side, stay angry!