I am SO glad you wrote this email - I've been looking for "America
Eats Its Young" for awhile but only knew the name of the poet
(Jemini) not the producer. I'm assuming this is on Nick Holder's label?

I was asking about it at Play the Record in Toronto last week and they
didn't know what I was talking about...funny how I get the answer on 313.

As for Jemini, I only know that she's a poet from Toronto who performs at clubs and cafes quite a bit (or so they said on the college radio station where I first heard this track), so if you're ever there you might get the chance to see her perform this live.

I picked up Nick Holder's "Black Action
Committee Pt. 3" in a quick burst of record shopping, based just on the A-side, so it was a pleasant surprise when I got it home and realized the B includes a remix of "Feelin' Sad". The A-side is >"America Eats its Young" featuring an excellent and linguistically >clever--spoken word piece on race in America by someone named >Jemini--can anyone tell me more about her? Some
nice drum work on this one, too.