Hello,

I just recieved this review from the S://kimo mailing list, I thought
fellow list members would be interested. Also, I have not heard this
release, is it essential? I have heard mixed reviews and I would like a
few more opinions.

"CRAIG, CARL: Landcruising CD (BLANCO Y NEGRO/WEA) $17.25
Now available as a mid-line reissue, this is Carl Craig's debut full
length album, originally issued on the now-doomed UK WEA-associated
Blanco Y Negro label in 1995. A concentrated, fully developed album
(not a collection of previously released singles), Craig went all out
to record one of the classic, defining records of Detroit-originated
electronic music. A controversial record upon release (obvious guitar
textures can be heard sampled; the overall sound is much more
luxurious and sophisticated than usually expected from Detroit techno
productions; it didn't contain any of Carl's numerous popular tracks
under prior alias'; and, it was released on a label of dubious
credibility w/ major label distribution), it is full of epic tracks
and is a crucial document in Craig's career overview.. It has never
been distributed in any proper sense in the US and remains largely
unheard by Craig followers who are much more familiar with his Planet
E/SSR output. Ripe for rediscovery."

Take care,
MT

NP : All the Pretty Things : Involve 05 : beautiful...

--
 Michael Taylor : [EMAIL PROTECTED]