Otto wrote:

James already mentioned Fast E-double D-I-E, "Git On Up" is a classic,
no matter what anyone else says. So there. LOL! I bet the Tyree Cooper
mix on the flip is still spinnable, with that hypnotic organ loop and
just the "Git On Up" sample without the rap.

Other recommendations:
Doug Lazy - "Let It Roll"
Tony Scott - "The Chief" Krush - "House Arrest"
2 in a Room

How about "Knock you out da box" or "You ain't nobody" by Kool Rock Steady? Oh boy, there were bunch of those tracks... KC Flightt's "Let's get jazzy" -the ULTIMATE bass line.

One record that never gets mentioned is The Renegades' "TAG", from 91. Though it's not Hip house, it's a classic vocal (if not SCAT) track by Mike Dunn. Love it.

Proffit