From: Jan Claeyssens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [313] OUTRAGE!  When action????

I reckon the guys at UR should take them to court and demand compensation,
and for the rest can we close the subject, it has only been like 6 months
that we 've been discussing this.

Its not just the monetary value of the UR sample they illegally used, its the fact that this is the second time the majors have tried to screw UR over. There should never have been a first time. And not just because its UR - this could be any label we enjoy talking about on this list.

One of the reasons that the Jaguar rip-off was pulled is because of the massive dissemination of information from people - off the net, nearly every UK dance music magazine ran a news piece on it (be interested to know if this was true in other countries?). On the net it was mentioned on many other lists other than just 313, protest and petition sites were started, etc. Public awareness of what Sony were doing just blew up.

You want to close this subject so you can talk more about music perhaps? Issues like this threaten the very music you want to talk about.

And, as always, if you don't like the subject, theres always the 'delete' key.