see thats what i thought. so i asked him. and he confirmed it.

although he did say something about throwing his own party instead of the
demf next year. he was mad because he wasn't invited to spin (as he should
have been).

last year he would regularly say things about how old he was getting. that
he couldn't take the "superstar dj life" anymore. of course he was always
joking around, being a little sarcastic about it. so i never took him
seriously.

i don't know whats going to happen to pure-sonik records. and i don't know
if he'll keep producing stuff. i imagine he will. even a conscious decision
to stop making music doesn't mean much. its like saying 'oh ya, i'll quit
smoking'.

i was talking to him at a rave earlier this year in detroit. i remarked on
the attendance and he said "well thats detroit".

and then there is that issue with the detroit rave scene anyway. most
participants seem to be in high school now. alan started taking his music to
the east coast and germany a while back. for all practical purposes that was
the decision of most large detroit stars, to expose the music elsewhere.
meanwhile, a new generation of party goers came in. alan spins at a detroit
rave now and only 100 people show up. most of whom have never heard him
before. i don't mean to over generalize with this, but that is really the
way it seems to me. i think he should be booked at motor more. or possibly
at the temple. derrick may has been there a few times in the last few
months, his respect is not fading away because his name obviously stuck with
detroit music. alan's name faded away from most people's discussions, i
really think he deserves tons more respect than what he is getting right
now.

he was at motor once earlier this year, and has spun 2 raves that i know of.
he will also be at motor next saturday with TP.

ok. so you can tell i'm sad that he is retiring and i think he needs more
respect in his hometown (at least from the new generation of listeners).

--
Joshua Hill / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / icq: 3045997
www.hillhaus.com / www.ai-studio.com