        From:   Joshua M. Hill [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent:   donderdag 7 september 2000 9:22
        To:     FC3 Richards
        Cc:     313@hyperreal.org
        Subject:        Re: [313] T-1000

        see thats what i thought. so i asked him. and he confirmed it.

        although he did say something about throwing his own party instead
of the
        demf next year. he was mad because he wasn't invited to spin (as he
should
        have been).

        last year he would regularly say things about how old he was
getting. that
        he couldn't take the "superstar dj life" anymore. of course he was
always
        joking around, being a little sarcastic about it. so i never took
him
        seriously.

        i don't know whats going to happen to pure-sonik records. and i
don't know
        if he'll keep producing stuff. i imagine he will. even a conscious
decision
        to stop making music doesn't mean much. its like saying 'oh ya, i'll
quit
        smoking'.

        i was talking to him at a rave earlier this year in detroit. i
remarked on
        the attendance and he said "well thats detroit".

        and then there is that issue with the detroit rave scene anyway.
most
        participants seem to be in high school now. alan started taking his
music to
        the east coast and germany a while back. for all practical purposes
that was
        the decision of most large detroit stars, to expose the music
elsewhere.
        meanwhile, a new generation of party goers came in. alan spins at a
detroit
        rave now and only 100 people show up. most of whom have never heard
him
        before. i don't mean to over generalize with this, but that is
really the
        way it seems to me. i think he should be booked at motor more. or
possibly
        at the temple. derrick may has been there a few times in the last
few
        months, his respect is not fading away because his name obviously
stuck with
        detroit music. alan's name faded away from most people's
discussions, i
        really think he deserves tons more respect than what he is getting
right
        now.

        he was at motor once earlier this year, and has spun 2 raves that i
know of.
        he will also be at motor next saturday with TP.

        ok. so you can tell i'm sad that he is retiring and i think he needs
more
        respect in his hometown (at least from the new generation of
listeners).

        --
        Joshua Hill / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / icq: 3045997
        www.hillhaus.com / www.ai-studio.com