ok... i really have to disagree with this one... i think carl craig has
broken a lot of boundries both with landcruising and more songs about food
and revolutionary art. those albums and even the more accessible secret
tapes of dr. eich have provoked years of thought in me. the music makes me
think and feel and move and groove. if that is the purpose, it has been
acheived with me . what exactly is your 'cause'?

and for how long do you have to dwell on the old masters before the new
masters can receive credit for their own work? if you continually throw
back to the originators, you are never moving forward. we all know how
great juan's contribution has been. i don't think that means that no one
who has been influenced by him can be called an innovator.

i am not sure what your 'cause' is, but to me it definitely seems contrary
to moving toward a positive musical future.

peace,

                    mee-thod

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    ialix.com>           cc:     313@hyperreal.org

                                         Subject:     Re: [313] Let's Talk
Techno
                    09/16/00

                    12:51 AM

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> And yes, I do know Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson,
> Black Dog, and some others are not on here, and I think

Ok, your time starts now :)
I'd really like to know how you can contemplate omitting Juan Atkins from
your list.

I don't think people like Carl Craig, Theo Parrish, or KDJ would get the
props for innovation without Juan Atkins laying the foundation. And he's
still doing it.

In fact, I was talking abut this the other day. And it was decided that as
marvellous as Carl Craig is , his music is not truly innovative.

That's if we decide innovative is music that breaks boundaires, provokes
thought and advances the 'cause'.

:)

 emma
 mee-thod