Richie Hawtin and John Acquaviva played rock solid sets in San Francisco
Sunday night. Sure, the club probably wouldn't be my first choice (1015
folsom - with a sometimes shaky, cheesy crowd), but the sound system there
IS excellent, which helps. John's set was funky AND fresh, while Richie's
set was fierce, pummelling and incredibly technical. Nothing like starting
off the week right by being sonically blown apart by Hawtin's Techno mayhem.

In a somewhat related note, we spotted Detroit's DJ Bone at the same club
Saturday night, waiting in the guest list line for the Deep Dish show.
And the guy working the door at 1015 went to Cass Tech (he spotted my
Michigan ID). Detroiters are everywhere out here.

cheers.

Tim Pratt

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html