> -----I lose respect for people who feign ignorance.-----

sorry, "Decks, Effects, and 909".  I was merely adding a light hearted
appraoch to a more serious matter, no offense intended...

> -----Perhaps the reason he does a boring mix, is so that he can get a
> reaction similar to the one you are getting at a different time.

Sorry again, that is in fact a decent mix, I should have left my opinion out
in this case...

> --------I think that people will generate their own "toneshifting" based
on
> mood and personality, so to generalize it would be a detrement to the
> thinking behind it.---------

Actually, your very right here, and I was perhaps premature and hasty in
that post, in fact, I think it negatively effected my arguement for
toneshifts...

In other words, I should have never even have brought this up, but I was
attempting to find a popular recording of the effect as I see it, but I am
kicking myself now...

But there is method behind my generalization and persuit of this effect, as
I will state again, I feel that it is the entire premise and drive behind
percussive techno (NOT jazzy techno).  The reason percussive techno exists
at such a powerful and popular level is that this effect is occuring with
most people, whether realized or not.  And I would hate to see percussive
techno go down in the books as merely a interesting yet unimportant music
and be done.  I am concerned with the "why" and "how" in this new music, and
the toneshift effect is, IMHO, the main reason behind it...

So I contend, let us not sluff it off as some mundane and unimportant effect
of the mind to be just assumed about.  Yes, in it's basic premise, the
effect in and of itself is almost text book, but it is this very basic thing
in which a very basic music appeals so, and thus this legitimizes my search
for a definition and deep undestanding along with qualifying repetion as
indeed a new and vastly important achievement...

And again, this is what Detroit was after in the beginning, a way to be free
and "away" while never leaving the city, the toneshift is what became of
that search...

let us define...

darw_n

"create, demonstrate, toneshift..."