welllllllllllllll,

that's funny you say that about Moodymann and his Princeisms, I took a
girlfriend with me who doesn't know this music and she thought he was
dramatic and hilarious!!!!

She also thought the same thing about C.C.

I saw a friend there who felt that it should have been held in a smaller
venue since it was so conceptual........

I must admit that I love the music but that I expected more probably because
I am caught-up in live performance norms (Prince!!!!! Femi Kuti etc.)  which
is inappropriate because this is a different kind of music. I got one of the
records that Moodymann passed out but I haven't played it yet........

I only stayed for 30 minutes of Carl's set because I had to get-up early in
the morning and drive back to Detroit!!!!!! but he is dramatic and I liked he
light show behind him. I am learning a vocabulary to speak in about these
kinds of shows so I hope I've said something worthwhile.

But I can say that I LOVE DJ Hannah, she plays soulful disco, techno, R & B
and house classics. She is one of my favorite DJs and that was my second time
hearing her  outside of the DEMF archived webcast.

now that I'm home, where do I go????? and I want some old records  ( R &B,
disco, house,techno)cheap. :-)

Peace,
Five