Hi all.  Longtime listener, first time caller.  BT
also did some famous tori amos remixes, if I recall
correctly, and also "wrote" the soundtrack to the
movie Go.  He is big on his formal training; he's
proud to not be a DJ to the point that he seems kind
of disdainful of the practice.

Anyway, he recently kicked off a US tour for that
"moment in still life" album and did a stop out here
in Arizona last weekend.  They made a big deal about
how it was "live, no turntables," but it still sounded
like mostly looped breakbeats to me (and there WAS
some anonymous guy in the back spinning - heh).  That,
and a healthy dose of guitar rock during the last
hour.  I wasn't sure what to think, but my primary
feeling as I left was that I was glad to have heard
the local DJs who opened up for him :)

Rob

---- Original Post: ----
 He has had formal musical training at Berklee College
 but left and worked on sessions with Salt-N-Pepa and
even did the incidental music  for Dr Dre and Snoop
Doggy Dogg's Murder Was The Case (true!) - all these
 unlikely things like that. He's been working with
Peter Gabriel of late, I  believe.
 Many see him as one of the progenitors of progressive
 house, as he spent time in the UK and was taken under
 the wing of Sasha and signed to Perfecto, which he
later left. His music is going more down the
breaktrance route at the moment.